Advanced vacuum course
Low2High Vacuums advanced vacuum course!
We have had a high request for an advanced vacuum course in English, therefore we have now arranged a course with Dr. Deiter Müller!
Dieter Mueller, M.Sc. Physics.
Worked from 1981 to 2018 at Leybold Vacuum in Cologne in various positions like the cryogenic department, product manager UHV, application support, analytics segment. Have been a lecturer for vacuum applications at the University of Applied Sciences THM in Giessen (Germany) since 2017.
He is also the deputy manager of the training section of the German Vacuum Society.
The course is held in Uppsala 26-27/11 – 2019
During the 1 1/2 days you will learn about:
1) Basics of High Vacuum Physics
– definitions, Internationally used units, calculation basics
(required pumping speed/ultimate pressure/evacuation time), conductance, degassing, materials used in high vacuum
2) Vacuum pumps and typical applications
– diffusion pumps
– turbomolecular pumps
3) Selection of correct roughing pumps
4) Working in Ultrahigh Vacuum (UHV/XHV)
– special preparation of vacuum system (materials, seals, baking)
– UHV-Pumps (Ion Sputter Pumps, Ti-sublimator, Getter, combinations)
5) HV/UHV- Measurement technique
– total pressure gauges
– partial pressure gauges (RGA)
6) Valves, seals and conneting elements for HV
7) Q & A
Please note that there is a limited amount of course places and that it is first come, first served.
Do you have a colleague that might be interested in this course? Please forward the invitation.
Contact Michaela by replying/use the contact info below if you want to book a place or get further information!